This Policy describes how we collect, store, transfer and use personal data. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the regulation protects your rights.
In the context of General Data Protection Regulation, ‘personal data’ is any information that clearly identifies you as an individual or which could be used to identify you if combined with information from other systems or processors. Acting in any way on personal data is referred to as ‘processing’.
This Policy applies to personal data collected through our website, any of our social media platforms and online retail platforms. Except as set out below, we do not process any of your personal data through our website https://www.beyondthetreesavondale.com.
In general, Coillte is a Controller (as defined in Data Protection Legislation) in respect of the personal data we collect from you, as we determine the purposes and means of processing such personal data. In certain circumstances, Coillte may act as a joint Controller with another Controller in respect of your personal data; for example, in respect of the Treetop Walk & Viewing Tower which is owned and operated by EAK Ireland Treetop Walks Ltd.. If you require further information in respect of any of our joint Controller arrangements, please contact us (see ‘How To Contact Us’ below).
1. What data do we collect?
Beyond the Trees Avondale collects the following data:
- Personal identifiers, such as your first, middle and last names, your title and your date of birth;
- Contact information, such as your email address, your telephone number and correspondence addresses for billing and communication purposes;
- Payment information, such as debit or credit card number and expiry date and bank details;
- Records of communication between us including messages sent through our website, email messages and telephone conversations; and
- Marketing preferences that tell us what type of marketing you would like to receive.
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Beyond the Trees Avondale with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Subscribe online or place an order for any of our services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
3. How will we use your data?
Beyond the Trees Avondale collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Based on you communication preferences and marketing consent, we may email you with special offers on our services that we think you might like.
Beyond the Trees Avondale will not share your data with partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When Beyond the Trees Avondale processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
4. How do we store your data?
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5. Retention of personal data
Any information that you provide to us will be kept and stored for such period of time as we deem necessary taking into account the purpose for which it was collected in the first instance, and our obligations under Data Protection Legislation and other applicable legislations. We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as is necessary. We have specific retention periods for different types of data processing. You can request information on the specific retention periods using the details set out in the ‘How To Contact Us’ section below.
6. Who de we share your data with?
We may disclose your personal information to any business unit, company or other corporate entity under the control and direction of Beyond The Trees Avondale.
As stated above, with your consent or where we have a legitimate business interest, we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these. We reserve the right to access and disclose personal data in compliance with Data Protection Legislation.
We may also use service providers to help us provide the Service. Any third parties who access your data in this way on our behalf are subject to a comprehensive due diligence and strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, in compliance with Data Protection Legislation.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your device by a web server which enables a website and/or mobile app to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of a website and/or mobile app and allows the website and/or mobile app to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising. We collate information on in relation to the website which is represented in aggregate format through cookies. They help us to improve our service and to deliver many of the functions that make your browser experience more user friendly.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality Cookies – Beyond the Trees Avondale uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising Cookies – Beyond the Trees Avondale uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Beyond the Trees Avondale sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website .You can find a list of cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the tables below.
COOKIES WE USE
MANAGE COOKIE PREFERENCES
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Beyond the Trees Avondale would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Beyond the Trees Avondale from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Beyond the Trees Avondale Group. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at the contact address email@example.com.
9. What are your data protection rights?
Beyond the Trees Avondale would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
These rights are explained in more detail below, but if you have any comments, concerns or complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us (see ‘How To Contact Us’ below). We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex or cumbersome, in which case we will respond within three months (we will inform you within the first month if it will take longer than one month for us to respond). Where a response is required from us within a particular time period pursuant to Data Protection Legislation, we will respond within that time period.
The right to access: You are entitled and may ask to see what personal data we hold about you and be provided with:
- a summary of such personal data and the categories of personal data held (see Section 1 above);
- details of the purpose for which it is being or is to be processed (see Section 3 above);
- details of the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it is or may be disclosed, including if they are overseas and what protections are used for those oversea transfers;
- details of the period for which it is held or the criteria we use to determine how long it is held (see Section 4 above);
- details of your rights, including the rights to rectification, erasure, restriction or objection to the processing (set out in this Section 8);
- any information available about the source of that data (see Section 1 above);
- whether we carry out automated decision-making, or profiling, and where we do, information about the logic involved and the envisaged outcome or consequences of that decision making or profiling (please note that we do not currently carry out any profiling – we will notify you if this changes); and
- where your personal data are transferred out of the EEA, what safeguards are in place (see Section 7 below).
Requests for your personal data must be made to us (see ‘How To Contact Us’ below) specifying what personal data you need access to, and a copy of such request may be retained by us. To help us find the information easily, please give us as much information as possible about the type of information you would like to see.
There are certain types of data which we are not obliged to disclose to you, which include personal data which records our intentions in relation to any negotiations with you where disclosure would be likely to prejudice those negotiations. We may also have to withhold / redact certain information that may directly identify another data subject or their views and opinions which would otherwise have been received in full confidentiality.
We are entitled to refuse a data access request from you where (i) such request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character (in this case, if we decide to provide you with the personal date requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to account for administrative costs of doing so), or (ii) we are entitled to do so pursuant to Data Protection Legislation.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Beyond the Trees Avondale correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Beyond the Trees Avondale to complete information you believe is incomplete. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How To Contact Us’ below);
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. name, registration details); and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
If we are required to update your personal data, we will inform recipients to whom that personal data have been disclosed (if any), unless this proves impossible or has a disproportionate effort.
It is your responsibility that all of the personal data provided to us is accurate and complete. If any information you have given us changes, please let us know as soon as possible (see ‘How To Contact Us’ below).
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Beyond the Trees Avondale erase your personal data, under certain conditions. In accordance with Data Protection Legislation, you can ask us to erase your personal data where:
- you do not believe that we need your personal data in order to process it for the purposes set out in this Policy;
- if you had given us consent to process your personal data, you withdraw that consent and we cannot otherwise legally process your personal data;
- you object to our processing and we do not have any legal basis for continuing to process your personal data;
- your data has been processed unlawfully or have not been erased when it should have been; or
- the personal data have to be erased to comply with law.
We may continue to process your personal data in certain circumstances in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
Where you have requested the erasure of your personal data, we will inform recipients to whom that personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. We will also inform you about those recipients if you request it.
The right to restrict/prevent processing – You have the right to request that Beyond the Trees Avondale restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. In accordance with Data Processing Legislation, you may request that we stop processing your personal data temporarily if:
- you do not think that your personal data is accurate (but we will start processing again once we have checked and confirmed that it is accurate);
- the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase your personal data;
- we no longer need the personal data for our processing; or
- you have objected to processing because you believe that your interests should override the basis upon which we process your personal data.
- If you exercise your right to restrict us from processing your personal data, we will continue to process the personal data if:
- you consent to such processing;
- the processing is necessary for the exercise or defence of legal claims;
- the processing is necessary for the protection of the rights of other individuals or legal persons;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between the parties; or
- the processing is necessary for public interest reasons.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Beyond the Trees Avondale’s processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Beyond the Trees Avondale transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. In accordance with Data Protection Legislation, you may ask for an electronic copy of your personal data that you have provided to us and which we hold electronically, or for us to provide this directly to another party. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us – it does not extend to data generated by us.
The right to data portability also only applies where:
- the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
10. Privacy policies of other websites
12. How to contact us
The data controller (as defined in Data Protection Legislation) for the Service is Coillte Cuideachta Ghníomhaíochta Ainmnithe.
If you need to contact us with regard to any of your rights as set out in this Policy, all such requests should be sent by email firstname.lastname@example.org or made in writing to:
Data Protection Officer
13. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Beyond the Trees Avondale has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Data Protection Commission:
Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square South