Terms & Conditions
These terms set out the basis on which you can purchase tickets for your visit to the Treetop Walk Avondale or to Avondale House. The management reserves the right at all times to refuse admission.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
By purchasing tickets for the Treetop Walk Avondale and/or for Avondale House you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by and subject to the following Terms and Conditions and have read and agree to the use of the information you provide us with.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all areas included in the normal experience are accessible for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, Beyond the Trees Avondale reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice to close the Treetop Walk Avondale or Avondale House or any part of these. In the event of such closure that precludes the experience from taking place, Beyond the Trees Avondale will refund any visitor the cost of the prepaid ticket. Otherwise Beyond the Trees Avondale shall have no liability whatsoever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses in respect of closure of part or all of the Treetop Walk Avondale or Avondale House.
- Beyond the Trees Avondale is suitable for visitors under 18 years of age. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or above. There is a maximum of 5 children to any adult. The Treetop Walk & Viewing Tower experience is suitable for all ages. Note children U6 must be accompanied by an adult on the spiral slide on the Viewing Tower.
- Both push wheelchairs and motorised wheelchairs can access the Treetop Walk and Viewing Tower, however the exception is the mobility scooter, which we regret are not permitted on the Treetop Walk. There are courtesy wheelchairs available to borrow if required.
- The spiral slide on the Treetop Walk Viewing Tower is open only in dry weather conditions. It will not be operating during wet or stormy periods. On changeable days all efforts will be made to open the slide during dry periods but Beyond the Trees Avondale cannot guarantee that the slide will be open at any time.
- Save as otherwise permitted by Beyond the Trees Avondale all persons entering the Treetop Walk Avondale or Avondale House must pay for a ticket.
- Beyond the Trees Avondale reserves the right to cancel any guided tour at any time for any reason. In such cases you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price.
- Only food and beverage purchased from the Seed Café may be consumed at the Seed Café outdoor terrace. There are picnic tables available for use in designated areas throughout Avondale Forest Park.
- Dogs controlled by their owner and on leads are welcome to Beyond the Trees Avondale, however pets and animals, with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs, are expressly prohibited on the Treetop Walk Avondale and inside Avondale House and inside the visitor centre buildings.
- If for some reason you are unhappy with any aspect of your Booking with us, we ask that you write to us, care of Beyond the Trees Avondale, Avondale Forest Park, Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow, Ireland or by email to email@example.com Where possible, please quote the relevant Booking Reference Number and provide all other relevant information.
Online Booking Terms & Conditions
- Once your ticket has been purchased, the ticket is non-changeable and non-refundable except at the absolute discretion of Beyond the Trees Avondale
- Cancellations received within 72 hours of the admission time are non-refundable without exception.
- A manage your booking facility is available to amend the date and time of your booking without charge up to 24 hours before the time of your original booking.
- You may change the date and time of your booking a maximum of twice.
- There is no refund for late arrivals and/or no shows.
- Tickets offered by Beyond the Trees Avondale are valid as per the dates and times displayed on our website, beyondthetreesavondale.com Beyond the Trees Avondale is not responsible for or liable for any information that we do not directly provide.
- Ticket holders are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the time that you have booked. It is your responsibility to arrive in advance of the start time. Admission after your booked time is at the absolute discretion of Beyond the Trees Avondale.
- All prices are quoted in Euro. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before you book, once your booking is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email will not be altered.
- Tickets purchased through the online booking system are not valid for groups and can only be used by individuals unless expressly stated.
Disclaimers & limitations of liability
- Under no circumstances will Beyond the Trees Avondale be liable for any of the following losses or damage, whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise: (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the website regardless of the form of action.
- Beyond the Trees Avondale will have no responsibility for any sickness, pilferage, labour disputes, machinery breakdown, government restrains, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control. This is not limited to, but may include: (a) the closure of venue, where and when the closure of that venue is out of the control of Beyond the Trees Avondale, which may be due to severe weather warnings, manifestations and protests or simply the last-minute decision of Beyond the Trees Avondale.
Beyond the Trees Avondale reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to or remove from its premises or the vicinity any person who:
- Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of the Beyond the Trees Avondale likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
- Is behaving in a manner, which, in the opinion of the Beyond the Trees Avondale has or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors, cause annoyance to other visitors, behaving in such a way as to cause danger or distress to others or damage the property.
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
- Is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- In addition to the foregoing, where a person has caused damage, he/she must meet any expenses incurred as a result of such behaviour.
- All persons entering the Treetop Walk Avondale experience must pay for admission. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of Beyond the Trees Avondale. Any person attempting to gain admission without a valid ticket shall be asked to leave.
- In accordance with Irish Law, smoking is strictly prohibited on the Treetop Walk Avondale, inside Avondale House and within any public buildings.
- Beyond the Trees Avondale reserves the right to prosecute any persons found damaging or defacing any part of the premises.
- Do not leave items/bags unattended at any time.
- In some cases, people may show no symptoms when infected with COVID-19. Any interaction with other members of the general public can pose a risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visits
- The following items are prohibited within the grounds of Avondale Forest Park:
(1) All weapons, including firearms, knives, machetes and flick knives, any items deemed dangerous, any dual-use items that could be dangerous. Pepper spray is considered a firearm in Ireland, and it is therefore illegal to have in your possession.
(2) All such items, if found during a search, will be confiscated and handed over to the Gardaí.
(3) Scissors, sharp instruments and tools are also prohibited and will be confiscated.
(4) Large packages, suitcases, and other large parcels are not permitted.
Group Booking Specific Terms & Conditions
- General Terms and conditions listed above also apply to Group Bookings
- Group rates apply for groups of 20+ persons only.
- Pre-payment is required for groups unless credit terms have been agreed.
- Beyond the Trees Avondale reserves the right to amend group rates in the event of changes to the rate of tax, or the introduction of any new government levy.
- Children aged 3 years and under are free once accompanied by an adult.
- Children aged 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dining: Pre-booked group dining and reserved seating at the Seed Café – group set menu available on request. Note a minimum number of 20 persons applies for pre-booked groups. This service must be pre-booked and agreed by special arrangement with Beyond the Trees Avondale in addition to the admission rates. A 25% non-refundable deposit will apply for Seed Café group bookings made in advance.
- Final group numbers must be confirmed 7 days prior to date of arrival.
- Group Cancellation policy
(1) More than 4 weeks before arrival date – No cancellation charge
(2) 4 weeks to 1 week before arrival dat2 – 50% cancellation fee applicable
(3) 1 week or less before arrival date – 100% cancellation fee applicable
Annual Pass Specific Terms & Conditions
- General Terms and conditions listed above also apply to Annual Passes
- An Annual Pass is valid for 365 days from the date of first admission.
- An Annual Pass offers unlimited admission for the passholder to the Treetop Walk during the validity of the Annual Pass
- An Annual Pass is non-transferable and applies to the individual named on the Annual Pass only (and their family members in the event that a Family Annual Pass is held). Beyond the Trees Avondale reserves the right to request photo identification to confirm identity.
- Annual Pass holders should present themselves at the Orientation Centre on arrival to obtain their Treetop Walk admission code for the visit.
- Admission on an Annual Pass is subject to availability and the passholder may need to wait for an available timeslot
- Annual Pass prices are quoted in Euro. We reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before you purchase your Annual Pass, once your Annual Pass is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email will not be altered.
Gift Voucher Specific Terms & Conditions
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 5 years from date of purchase
- Gift Vouchers can be redeemed online or onsite at Beyond the Trees Avondale.
- The ‘Beyond the Trees Avondale Gift Voucher’ can be used onsite as follows: The Visitor Centre reception, The Seed Café, The Seed Store gift shop.
- The ‘Beyond the Trees Avondale Gift Voucher’ cannot be used to purchase a Coillte annual carpark pass, for purchases at the Treetop Walk Avondale gift shop, for the €2 access Spiral Slide access.
- Gift Vouchers are non-changeable and non-refundable except at the absolute discretion of Beyond the Trees Avondale.
APPLICABLE LAWS AND LEGAL COURT
The terms and conditions of use will be sustained and interpreted by the Irish law except for the International Private Law. Any controversy derived or connected to the execution of terms and conditions of use will be passed on to the exclusive jurisdiction of the legal court of Dublin that follows.
ABOUT BEYOND THE TREES AVONDALE
Beyond the Trees Avondale is a registered business name of Coillte Cuideachta Ghníomhaíochta Ainmnithe (COILLTE) and is the brand name of the visitor destination at Avondale Forest Park operated on behalf of COILLTE and EAK Treetop Walks Ireland Ltd. by these organisations and/or their agent(s).
Translations on the Beyond the Trees Avondale website(s) are performed by Google Translate. This is a free translation service that provides instant translations between different languages. Not all text may be translated accurately or be translated at all. Beyond the Trees Avondale is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate translations and will not be held responsible for any damage or issues that may result from using Google Translate.